Navigation

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hope in Healing

By Lynette D.L. Myers

In our sadness,
We still have faith.

In our grief,
We still have love.

In our pain,
We still have peace.

In our heartache,
We still have healing.

In our remembering,
We still have joy.

In our hurt,
We still have hope.

In our sin,
We still have a Savior.

We have hope in our healing,
Because Christ heals us and give us hope.

1 John 1:9 (NIV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Verses of Hope & Healing

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:9-10 (NIV)

Day and night I cry, and tears are my only food…. My heart breaks when I remember the past….Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my savior and my God…. My heart is breaking…. He has sent waves of sorrow over my soul…. May the Lord show his constant love during the day, so that I may have a song at night, a prayer to the God of my life…. Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him, my savior and my God.  Psalm 42:3-11 (Good News Version)

When you pass through deep waters, I will be with you; your troubles will not overwhelm you. When you pass through fire, you will not be burned; the hard trials that come will not hurt you. For I am the Lord your God, the holy God of Israel, who saves you…. You are precious to me and…I love you and give you honor. Do not be afraid--I am with you!  Isaiah 43:2-5a (Good News Version)

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26 (NIV)
 
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.  Hebrews 10:23 (NIV)

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Isaiah 40:29 (NIV)

When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way.  Psalm 142:3a (NIV)   

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.  Psalm 147:3 (NIV)
 
I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.  Jeremiah 31:13b (NIV)

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  I Peter 5:7 (NIV)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God
of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble
with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow
over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.  II Corinthians 1:3-5 (NIV)

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”  Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV)

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest
on me.  II Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment