Navigation

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fasten your seatbelt while seated!

Today I was flying on an airplane to go visit with my brother's family for a while, and I looked at the all familiar sign in front of me that says, "fasten seat belts while seated," and it made me think.

I have been sitting at the feet of Jesus a lot lately trying to understand, doing some pleading for my family and so many others, so lots of things that I read make me think about them in light of Christ.

I know, you are wondering where I am going with this, and it could be no where, but the picture and thought I had really felt nice to me, so I want to try and relay it in words.

The picture I got was of Christ seated on His throne, and that we Christians are but traveling through this world to our home, so we need to find ourselves seated with Christ and fastened to His truth until He rises from His throne to return and bring us home.

If we choose to wander around or become unfastened to Him, we put our life and the lives of those around us at an eternal risk.

PLEASE, fasten your seat belt while seated. If you are not seated with Christ and want to know how you can be, please let me know. I do have a post on this blog from Madilyne's memorial service that has the plan of salvation on it.
( https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5DvKGdqnmlyT3l3Q0RRM3N5X00 )

Find your safety in Christ. Come to know Him and the power of Salvation. Dig deep into Him and He will give you rest.

Fasten your life to Christ who is seated on the throne.

Romans 1: 16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[e] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”[f]





No comments:

Post a Comment