Navigation

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pro-Life is more than anti-abortion

For those of you that take a stand against abortion because abortion is killing a life, have you ever thought that Pro-Life really is a bigger fight than just the fight to stop killing our babies?

The fight really needs to start with the fact that life starts WAY before the point of birth.  Unless you have sat and pondered or been affected by a child that has died in utero, you are not aware that many states will not recognize a child a "real" or having life if they did not take a breathe outside of the womb.

Our society continues to give little value to our babies that have not been born, and thus creates their own definition of what humanity means to them based on their own view of morality.  We, as Christians, need to take stand in the truth of Scripture.  Life begins at creation, and a human is created when they are conceived in their mother's womb.  God is our creator and is the author of every child that has ever been formed.  He has stated that we are created in HIS image, so even before we have any awareness of a child growing within us, our value as a human being has already been defined by Him. - Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Another thing to consider is that life continues after birth.  We cannot fight to save the lives of these precious little ones and then stop there.  There are children being abused, neglected, forced into foster care and so much more.  What are we doing about this?  I know, many of you might say that Social services and the government is there for such things as to help with this.  I would like to plead with you to reconsider.  If we want change, if we believe in the value of life, are we not called to do something?  It doesn't mean that you have to take a child in, but have you ever asked God how you could be helping improve the life of a child through another means that you have access to?  We all can be praying for them, but I would like to encourage you to think of something else that you can do to help improve the life a child, and more than just at Christmas time.

Remember though, that as you take a stand for life, you do not minimize the life of those that oppose you.  It is not fun to feel someone is fighting your beliefs, but know that Jesus loves even them.  For you to take action against them and negatively affect their quality of life, you are NOT standing for Pro-Life issues.  God can change their viewpoint, just be faithful to speak God's words to them and not let your feelings take over and cause harm.

There are so many things that you can read up on or get involved in.  I wanted to share a few that have been close to my heart lately, that have opened my eyes to what Pro-Life really needs to be all about.  

Some of these are items you can read up about and others are places you might be able to support, pray for or get involved with.  Think outside the box.  There are things like sewing, serving, advocating, parenting, counseling, collecting, donating, etc. that you can do.  

If you have others that I should look at, please let me know.  I believe that I will work to compile a list with summaries of each site and ways to get involved.  Don't stop searching on your own.  God will lead you to the Pro-Life area that you can best serve.

Psalm

139 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
    you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
    and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
    it is high; I cannot attain it.
Where shall I go from your Spirit?
    Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
    If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
    and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
    and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
    I awake, and I am still with you.
19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
    O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
    your enemies take your name in vain.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
    And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
    I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment