Navigation

Friday, June 13, 2008

Gift from Mom & Dad

Torrey and I had a gift card to Babies R Us that I mentioned we go use as well as a Gift Card to Barnes and Noble.

We decided to make a date out of it and went to dinner first and had a lovely meal at Boston Market. Torrey had never been there before and I forgot how expensive it was, but we have done so well is cutting back in everything and saving money, that sometimes it is nice just to go out together and not have to worry about it. Something that will soon go away as the extra money will not be as prevalent, but so worth it.

Anyway, the point of this story is that my husband is GONE over this baby. Our gift card was for $15 and we ended up spending another $23 dollars while we were shopping because Torrey just kept saying, "But it is for our Child." Hard to argue with him when he was so set on it. He will typically give me most of what I want and I have to be the one to really think about the need, but this time he was so set on it, that I just couldn't deny him. He is so very good to me and loving.

I am very thankful for the man that God has given me. The first months were hard for several reasons and now things are more like I thought they would be. I really love this man. Still isn't always easy, but he makes it so much easier to feel protected, cared for, adored and the ability to love and respect him pours out as a result. Plus really making sure to have time with our Father is huge for me.

As you can see from the pictures, there are a lot of girl things here. We just keep hoping that our feelings are right (as well as others). If not, they will go into the gift closet or into storage for the next miracle in our lives. The great thing about all of this stuff is that we got most of it on clearance and a few on sale, so that helps as Babies R Us is not the cheapest place to shop for a child at all, but oh so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment