Navigation

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Simon is here

Simon Blake arrived on April 13 at 8:15pm weighing in at 6lb 11oz and measuring in at 19 inches long with a head circumference of 14. He has jet black hair and dark blue eyes (I think they will be dark brown or green later).



I happened to miss the birth which had me in tears. There are several good things about that day however. Simon was delivered safe and Amy faired very well for having to deliver without any drugs. Simon had to be turned a few weeks before as he was breech and after delivery, Dr. Yeash was surprised he turned as his cord was very short.

Another praise is that Torrey and I were able to have some great time in California together and got to spend time with my cousin. When I found out that Amy was in labor, (My mom called me as Amy was too upset to call) I was at the zoo with my cousin, her husband and their daughter as well as Torrey. I had taken my phone with me as I had a feeling I was going to get a call, so that was fortunate. I called Amy after talking with mom and we cried together.

My little Simon is adorable and he will fit in quite nicely. I spent last Friday with him, but have been sick since then so haven't caught another glimpse of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment