Navigation

Monday, February 11, 2008

Waiting...

Life is all about waiting right now, at least it seems that way.

In the devotional "God Calling" for the February 11 entry, there is a line that says, "All motion is more easy than calm waiting."

I find that line to be so true for me and I don't think I am that different from those around me.

God continues to be saying, "Be still and know that I am God."

It is so hard to sit still.  To have dreams and hopes says that we should take some course of action, yet action is not taking shape and so I wait to see...

1 - How God wants me to serve
2 - What God has in mind for a job for me
3 - If I should go to school
4 - If God will give us a family
5 - If I will be able to stay home and care for my husband, home and family
6 - etc.

To wait isn't something that doesn't require action.  I must be active in  my waiting because this isn't time to be squandered, but time to pour my heart into learning more truths of Christ and how I can grow to look more like Him, so I pray that while I wait for the areas that I am uncertain of, that I will seek God whole-heartedly now to develop a good practice of seeking Him first so that when the other things come around, the priorities are strong and a discipline is in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment