Navigation

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sleep & Men

So, I am continuing to see a pattern that men seem to be able to sleep just about anywhere and at any time.

Growing up, I honestly thought it was something odd that my Grandpa and dad were able to do. You might be talking to either of them and all of a sudden they were sleeping. Now that I am married, I really wonder if men get a good night sleep ever. I don't think that my husband sleeps soundly ever. I am sure part of that is due to his diabetes.

For women, I think we do not always understand from their side as I know I have to often separate the need for sleep and laziness. Women are motivated very differently and that was designed by God. It is a process to learn about the differences in male and female and learn to appreciate the differences.

God states is best in His Word:
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

1 Corinthians 13:7, NLT

Here is a link to Sleep Education. I thought the title was funny. I guess whatever is out there can be learned and interestingly enough, this article is named the same as mine and I promise that I didn't copy, but found it after I wrote this.
Sleep Education


I did find some interesting documents that tie too much sleep or lack of sleep leading to type 2 diabetes as well as heart risk, hypertension & death.

Too Much Sleep
Too Much, or Too little sleep linked to diabetes in men
Too Much or Too Little Sleep increases Diabetes Risk
Type 1 Diabetes
Sleep Apnea & Diabetese Connection
Diabetes Risk Pronounced With Too Much or Too Little Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment