Navigation

Monday, February 11, 2008

There's no place like home


My trip to San Francisco last week turned out to be a good trip despite the fact that I would have rather stayed home and been with my honey for my birthday.

I had the opportunity to talk with my "boss" about my position and what she desires my position to be. It didn't start out great, but I feel that at the end we both understood each other and better knew how to help the Automotive division move forward.

While I was in California, I got the pleasure of seeing some of my friends, so I really didn't have a lot of time to be on my own.

I went out for Sushi with my friend Kevin and we got caught up since the last time we had seen each other. We are both struggling in our careers right now so we got to spend some time sharing ideas and possibilities.

For my birthday, I had so many people call me and send me emails that I felt truly loved. There were people that I never would have thought would have known, that poured out their care on me. After my conference was over, I snuck out and caught a taxi to the Ferry station and then took it over to Larkspur where my friend Patrick picked me up. He and Ric treated me to a nice meal at a quaint little restaurant in San Rafael and then we went back to their home and Patrick had made me a cake, so they sang to me and we talked for a bit. It was nice to stay in a home and not a hotel.

The best part of the week was coming home, but I the expectations of coming home change a bit when you have someone to come home to.

I was so excited to see Torrey, but I was also incredibly tired from traveling for 8 hours. When I got home, my knight came out and got my bag. I came in to my room and on the bed was a cute little "stuffed" flower and to the side was a gorgeous display of flowers, some champagne and cake to celebrate with me. I laid down on the bed for a few minutes to try to rest so I could spend some time with my boyfriend, but as I laid down, he started to put the things away as he wanted me to rest. I just wanted him to lay with me and hold me for a bit and then I would have the energy to spend some time catching up. Like I said, the expectations of coming home are different when there is more than one living in the home.

I failed to appreciate his care as I should have and he didn't catch on to my needs. When you love someone it seems that you want them to hear the unspoken, but the unspoken is interpreted based on what you know or what you would want. It is always best to try to speak and remember to do it filled with love.

God has the best instructions for loving our spouse. I continue to learn more and more. I hope that I learn quickly before I spin my wheels too long that Torrey doesn't feel the love and care from me that he should.

No comments:

Post a Comment