Navigation

Friday, December 7, 2007

Where are the stainless drinks?


The fabulous man that I married is a kid to the core, so you would think that I would understand him since I have loved kids since I was much younger. It, however, appears that when it comes to dealing with my husband I lack the understanding that I tend to have with children.

Marriage is absolutely a sanctification process and I embrace it greatly even though it is hard.

I have been doing a lot of reading about how men desire respect and time with their wife and how that means very different things to men than it does to women. I am trying to use what I learn in the real life situation I am living and it has been helpful. I think I need to read faster though as I tend to read the pages I need after I have already messed up in my dealings with my husband and friend.

Just last night I got all over him because he had broke something and it really was not a big deal at all. I was actually more upset that he could have hurt himself, but it came out as if I cared about the item that was broken.

Today, on the way to work, I read about how men feel that when they talk they get in trouble and when they stay quiet they get in trouble, so they often do the less talking because it warrants less trouble. Well, Torrey didn't want to tell me about what he broke last night because he was afraid. I do not desire my husband to be afraid to talk to me.

We were able to have a good conversation (from my point of view) about how I need him to tell me things because if he won't tell me something so small, it causes insecurity in me because I wonder what else he isn't telling me. He understood and so......

Today, he calls me to tell me he spilled his drink on a doily of mine and ruined it. I mentioned a few things that he should have done and started down the path of scolding when I realized, He is NOT my child and he did exactly what I asked him to do so I need not thwart what I asked of him.

From this we both determined that we need to get some better containers to aide against spilling since he loves his sugar drinks and we have had a few spill already and need to figure out how to get him what he needs yet protect the home.

All this to say, we are both learning and loving each other through it, but seriously...Where are the sugar drinks that have no coloring?

No comments:

Post a Comment