Navigation

Thursday, January 31, 2013

When does the thorn become a blessing?

I was listening to the song "blessing in the thorn" ( Link to song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5Wowca5hw&feature=youtube_gdata_player ) today, and it really reached my soul and encouraged me that our life is about our outlook and where we are rooted.

Our Father had to walk through great suffering, and He tells us that all things are possible with Him. He also tells us to rejoice always, so if you find yourself in a place of suffering, just know that you are not there alone, and that God will give you the strength for joy even in your mourning.

Realize also that your spirit may have great joy in your circumstances despite what they are, but that doesn't mean that on the outside it won't display tears to others. I believe we have the ability to show great sadness in our circumstances, but also have great joy in our heart. They both can live together. You have to prove nothing to people watching you and "telling" you what you "should" be doing. Suffering is very personal between you and God. Be faithful to walk it out with Him, and He will be your guide, sustainer, strength, hope, endurance and your ALL.

Jesus IS our hope. When our situation feels hopeless just remember that Jesus (our hope) has overcome the world. Our circumstance are very much of the world and the result of sin being in it. God wants us to be willing to become more like Him because of what we face. If we will walk it out with Him instead of without him, hope is regained, our servants heart can be restored, our purpose can be found.

People are ALWAYS watching how you respond to your trials, don't focus on them. In order to provide the hope of Salvation to those around, we need to plant our lives firmly in Christ. That will not mean perfection, but it will mean transparency of self so they see through you to Christ in you.

Don't lose heart, Christ HAS overcome the world.

John 16
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

II Corinthians 12
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Blessing in the thorn

I read about a man of God
Who gloried in his weakness
And I wish that I could be
More like Him and less like me
Am I to blame for what I'm not
Or is pain the way God teaches me to grow
I need to know

When does the thorn become a blessing
When does the pain become a friend
When does the weakness make me stronger
When does my faith make me whole again
I want to feel His arms around me
In the middle of my raging storm
So that I can see the blessing in the thorn

I've heard it said the strength of Christ
Is perfect in my weakness
And the more that I go through
The more I prove the promise true
His love will go to any length
And reaches even now to where I am
But tell me once again

Lord, I have to ask You
On the cross You suffered through
Was there a time You ever doubted
What You already knew.

Link to song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI5Wowca5hw&feature=youtube_gdata_player



No comments:

Post a Comment