Navigation

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Make me a Servant

I was driving down the street just the other day when the song "Make me a Servant" came on the radio.  I haven't heard this song in such a long time, but was so blessed as I sang along.

I have mentioned to a couple friends that it is so much better for me when I take the time to serve others, and this makes sense since we are called to serve on another.  It is nice to get my mind off of our stuff and look to the needs of others, so as I sang this song, I really SANG this song.  I want to be able to help others and care for their needs.  I want God to be able to use me right where I am at to love on others right where they are at.

I pray that God will take the experiences that He has allowed into our lives to be able to help others in similar circumstances.  I want to help people find hope and strength in their time of need.  God has been so good to us.  This is not anything I would have thought I would say after having a daughter die, but my circumstances do not affect the truth of who He is and what He has done for us.  I feel that I can better understand Him and offering His son to die.  I realize it isn't the same, but the pain is there just the same.  God sent Jesus to bring salvation to us and I pray that God will be able to use Madilyne to show others their need for the Savior.

I want to be able to serve in any way God calls me to. It doesn't have to look any certain way, I just need to be willing to think more highly of others and want to reach to their needs.  It is not easy, I am not great at getting to know people, but where I am WEAK, He can show His STRENGTH through me.

Lord, Make me a Servant...let me get over myself enough to reach a world that is dying without you.  Our time is growing short, and where I am ready, there are far too many that are not.

1 Peter 4: 7-11
The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: 11 whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Make me a Servant
Make me a servant
Humble and meek
Lord let me lift up those who are weak
And may the prayers of my heart always be
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant today

Make me a servant
Humble and meek
Lord let me lift up those who are weak
And may the prayers of my heart always be
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant today

Make me a servant
Humble and meek
Lord let me lift up those who are weak
And may the prayers of my heart always be
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant today

And may the prayers of my heart always be
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant today


No comments:

Post a Comment