Navigation

Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday's Grief

Following a Thursday night of Insomnia, I end up dealing a little more heavily with my grief.  I know that it is harder because it is the day that will FOREVER be remembered as the day that I lost my precious Madilyne, but since I also suffer from insomnia, everything is heightened when you are working on lack of sleep.

I am thankful that God is my source of strength and has been so faithful to me to hold me up during my moments of grief.  I am also thankful for the community of friends that God has brought to us to be praying on our behalf.  So many of my prayers these days just sound like the groanings that you read about in scripture.  It has helped me better understand what speaking in tongues could look like.  I have no idea what to pray, and my spirit is so grieved, that all I am able to do is groan and cry.  I am thankful that the Holy Spirit takes it to Jesus on my behalf.  I truly have no idea what to pray for in our next moment.

Romans 8:26-27
the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment