Navigation

Monday, October 1, 2012

To UNDERSTAND the WHY

I have found myself trying to understand WHY all the things in the last year have happened to us.  I am not sure that I will ever really get the big WHY picture, but I also don't know that I need to.

A friend of mine told me the other day, don't put a question mark where God puts a period.  That is such a good thing to remember.  We as Christians need to trust in God's sovereign plan.  That doesn't mean that we have to understand it, but just trust that He has a plan and that plan is perfect. 

I can't say that my mind will stop trying to ask WHY, because it won't.  It does it a lot of the time without me even realizing that I have gone there.  What is important is not so much where I start, but where I end.  My hope is that I will always end on God's faithfulness and trust Him in His plan.  I desire to continue to look to Him more and more and hope that I reflect more of Him back to other people.

Dear Jesus,  Please help us keep our hearts and minds focused on what is TRUE and not what we try to manufacture.  Help us as we deal through the loss of Lena and how are hearts feel broken and our arms feel empty.  Help us as well as we deal with the loss of Jordan, Bently and George as well.  So many precious little people out of our arms have been so devastating.  Help us continue to hope in you and make the desires of our heart match the desires of yours.  AMEN

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 31:14
But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, “You are my God.”

Psalm 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.

Psalm 56:4
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?

Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah

Isaiah 12:2
“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment