Navigation

Monday, October 6, 2008

Vanity, Vanity, All is Vanity


This really shows how vain that I am. I never really think about it as most things just don't bother me at all, but this morning I broke my glasses while putting my shirt on. Now, I never put my shirt on while wearing my glasses and today I did.

I was so bummed because now I have to pull out an older pair. They are still stylish, but I do NOT like them on my face at all and was upset because now the pictures of my son's birth will have me in these frames.

I got these frames before I got married last year because I determined, if I have to wear glasses, then I want some that I can hardly see on my face or that look at least okay. I have given up on contacts since my hernia on my cornea.

I started searching for the frames online to see if I could find replacements. One site said they were discontinued (I was not surprised by this), and the next site said they were $200. That is what I paid almost 2 years ago so was shocked.

I decided to call my eye doctor and see if they still carry them and the cost. WOO HOO...they were only $56. Now I am hoping that they will come in before Turner makes his debut. They said it should be about 5 days. They way the contractions have been coming, I hope to make it that long and have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment