Navigation

Monday, February 18, 2008

My Candy Letter to my Bit-O-Honey

Torrey got several cards for Valentine's day and presents to go with them.

His first was from the dogs and they gave him some stuffed dogs that matched them (black & white).

His second gift was the book "Guess how much I love you." This is one of my favorite books and I give it to everyone of my nephews and niece when they come into the world. I decided that Torrey should have one too.

His third gift was a candy letter and with it he got two old fashioned candy jars. One of them holds candy to help him on evenings when his blood sugar drops and he needs something, the other is when his mood drops and he needs encouragement. Here is the note that was attached.

My Bit-O-Honey,

I Skored the day I met and married you, but I would never have guessed that the day I went through your line at Safeway. I thought you were a Nerd and boy oh boy did I Snicker after I left. But I have now come to know that the Goober I first saw was a Life Saver to so many people because you are unafraid to share the truth of Jesus.

Even though we don’t have 100 Grand in savings, I do hope that our Almond Joy will bring us a Baby Ruth and we together can be the Three Musketeers until God will bring us more and more Sugar Babies. We will teach our children to invest their Pay Day and to love and honor God.

You are such a Fun Dip and hope that we will get to take trips to the Milky Way and sit back together and see the Starbursts in the sky and be Carefree together, but for now, let’s take a “visit” to Israel and be Sweethearts together.

You are my Hubba Bubba boyfriend, and I want to get my Hugs and Kisses from you and you alone both Now & Later and forever.

Love you Mounds & Mounds,

Your Tootsie Roll


His last card was a poem from God and I fixed his Israel watch and gave him a video "Walk where Jesus Walked."

God’s Valentine Gift
By Joanna Fuchs
God’s Valentine gift of love to us
Was not a bunch of flowers;
It wasn’t candy, or a book
To while away the hours.
His gift was to become a man,
So He could freely give
His sacrificial love for us,
So you and I could live.
He gave us sweet salvation, and
Instruction, good and true--
To love our friends and enemies
And love our Savior, too.
So as we give our Valentines,
Let’s thank our Lord and King;
The reason we have love to give
Is that He gave everything.

Torrey and I went to Carabas to eat and then went to MadCap Theatre to laugh our heads off. We had a great Valentine celebration and determined that next year we would celebrate after the day as it would be cheaper and not so time consuming. Had we not called ahead for seating at Carabas, we would have waited 90 minutes. What surprises me is that people were doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment