Navigation

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Nutter Butter Snowman & Ice Cream Cones

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: approx 30
Serving Size: 1
Nutter Butter Snowman & Ice Cream Cones
My son and I like to do crafts and bake together. Anything that allows him the opportunity to be creative is always a fun thing to do together. I believe in learning through hands on, so when I saw these cookies on Pinterest, I just knew that he would love making these with me, and he did.
My little man even made one of the snowmen into a pig snowman and he was so proud of his creativity. I enjoy watching his face light up with delight when I take interest in what he creates. What a great way to encourage him to do it on his own and also help him develop a great sense of self worth.
I found these ideas on pinterest. Here are the links to the original ideas for the Snowman & the Ice Cream Cone
INGREDIENTS
  • Nutter Butter cookies
  • Almond Bark
  • M&M candies
  • Candy Corns
  • Candy Sprinkles
  • Candy Stars
  • Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
  • Wax Paper
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cover Counter with Wax Paper
  2. In a double boiler, melt the almond bark according to the package instructions.
  3. Working one at a time, dip a Nutter Butter cookie into the melted coating and flip it over to coat completely (a fork is great for this). Remove and let any excess drip off then place on the wax paper-lined baking sheet.
  4. Decorate according to your creativity or your child's.
  5. Repeat with the remaining Nutter Butter cookies.
  6. let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment