Navigation

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Salty Turtles

Salty Turtles

Christmas baking has been a tradition in my family since I was just a little girl.  My mom would always have tons of treats to choose from and every year would make a few new treats to try.  Last year, my mom made these, and they were ever so tasty easy to do, so my son and I decided we were going to make these this year and enjoy eating and sharing them.

With the salted caramel becoming quite the hit with desserts and coffee, these treats should really be a delight to people as it covers the salt, chocolate and caramel spectrum while also being EASY to put together.  Not a lot of time is needed to get these done.  What takes the most time is unwrapping those tasty ROLO's.  What I did was put that task on my 6-year old and told him when they were all unwrapped, he could eat 2.  Walla, they were unwrapped and I could work on other things while he had his task to do.

These morsels will hit the chocolate, sweet, chewy, salty and crunchy needs all in one bite.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
Yield: approximately 60
Serving Size: 1 candy

Salty Turtles
My mom made these last year and they were ever so tasty and oh so easy to do.  My son and I worked on these together for a tasty treat and easy gift to share with friends.
The salted caramel has really become a hit all over the place, so we made up these tasty treats and enjoyed a few as a family.
These morsels will hit the chocolate, sweet, chewy, salty and crunchy needs all in one bite.
I was able to find a similar recipe on pinterest. I have provided the link here:
INGREDIENTS
  1. 1 Bag of square pretzels
  2. 2 Bags of Rolos
  3. 1 Bag of Pecan halves


INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Heat oven to 250°F
  2. Place pretzels on baking sheet
  3. Top each pretzel with one unwrapped ROLO Chewy Caramel in Milk Chocolate.
  4. Bake 4 minutes or until caramel piece begins to soften, but not melt.
  5. Remove from oven; top with either pecan half or additional pretzel.
  6. Cool completely.
  7. For faster cooling, place baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes

I was able to find a similar recipe on pinterest. I have provided the link here: Rolo Pretzel Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment