Navigation

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So, I have a completely NEW life


Dec 15 of 2006 is the day my whole life started to change and I never knew that I would have a COMPLETELY different life.

I am going to reminisce a bit and share my journey.

Let's see, it really all started back on October 10, 2004 when I was having supper with Hosanna, at Chipotle on 104th and Federal, before our single's care group. We talked to long and rushed out of there. We were traveling down Federal toward 92nd, the light had just green and the truck in front of me was going and then slammed on his brakes and I hit him. There was a chain reaction that included 5 cars total. A car behind me hit me, I hit the truck, the truck hit the car in front of him which pushed it into the car in front of it.

My car was the only car that was even damaged, mine for fact ended up TOTALED.

I got out of my car and the first one I thought to call was my dad. He and mom were headed into a movie. I was surprised that they didn't come, but I guess I reassured them that it was fine. I hadn't really looked at how messed up my car was yet and honestly didn't until my parents showed up at Paul's house.

I then called Paul to let him know I was going to be late as I was in an accident. My friend Steven came to be with me and offer his services if I needed a ride. I told him I was fine so he went back to care group to update everyone.

After I called my dad, the guy in the truck got out and I asked him if he was a Christian as he had some bumper stickers and a hat on that suggested he might. He said he was, so I asked where he attended church and he said Faith. We just kept talking until the police showed up and asked us to move our cars into the gas station right next to us. We were the only ones detained.

The police asked me if the car was okay to drive and I said it was (not sure what any of us were thinking). The police issued us our tickets and left, but we stayed and talked. I liked this guy right from the start and thought he was cute and noticed he had no ring (I was really in the habit of checking that on guys - terrible).

After we were done talking I went to care group. I was pretty sore and was getting a bruise on my chest for the seat belt but still hadn't seen the REAL damage to my car. I was feeling so bad for hitting this guy that I was thinking of making him some cookies and sending them to him. I never did.

At the end of Care Group my parents showed up and told me that I could not drive my car home (I had NO headlights), so Steven took me home.

Forward ahead to November 27, 2006.

My friend told me she joined a dating website and that it was Christian. I had been on too many, unfortunately, and didn't trust them, so I logged on to verify that she was safe. While I was on there, this guy sends me an instant message. He looked really familiar and so I asked him if he drove a green truck, and he said that he didn't. We continued talking and did for several days that I ended up getting a month membership to continue talking to him.

We talked for a few weeks and he kept asking me out for a coke, but I didn't feel comfortable with that. He did call me at home and we chatted and then all of a sudden, he fell off the face of the earth.

I had told my friend Holly that this man wasn't going to hurt me like the others had. I told her that I was going to go to his store where he worked and confront him.

December 15, 2006 provided the perfect opportunity as our church was doing a fundraiser at Chik-fil-a (which is right next to where HE works and also next to Chipolte) and I needed to shop for food for Christmas as I was hosting the Larson Christmas which was happening the very next day.

I had decided that I was going to do my shopping and go through his line if he was there. I walked in and saw that he was working and went about my shopping. I was so nervous about what I was going to do, but I was going to stand up for myself.

I got all my items and saw there were two lanes open. One was free and his was filled so I hung out in an aisle until he was free. Once he was free, I went to his lane and he was very friendly and said, "Hello, how are you today?" I said, "I am great and I am Lynette." At this point he lost his calm demeanor and appropriately freaked out and tried to tell me what happened. I told he has no need to apologize and that I just wanted to say hello.

I am walking away with my purchases and he again apologizes and says he will call me later. To that I just think - WHATEVER. I thought he was a JESUS freak and was trying to hard as his apron was plastered with Jesus periphinelia.

I get to my car and start to put my bags in when I noticed I got two bags that belonged to the customer before me. I sat their struggling, not because I wanted to keep them, but because I didn't want to go face him again. It took all that I could muster just to go in the first time. I finally get the strength I need to go back in and give them back. He got all flustered again and just kept apologizing.


I expected NOTHING to transpire, but I did what I needed to.

Jump to December 20, 2006

Well, he actually did contact me via instant message and asked me to meet him at Applebees on the 27th. I agreed to do so.

December 27, 2006

I am sitting at Applebees on 104th & I-25 waiting for him. They asked to seat me and I said that I would wait in the front. I didn't want to sit down and then have to buy something if he didn't show up. I sat, and sat, and sat. I figured I was being stood up when the phone rang at the bar and I said crap...that is him and I should have left 5 minutes ago when I said I would give him 5 more minutes. Sure enough, it was him and now I had to wait.

He got there about 15 minutes later. He had gone to the Applebees on 120th & I-25. If he had come in and said I went to the wrong one, he wouldn't have gotten anywhere, but he came in and apologized for making me wait and thanked me for coming.

We sat and talked and he apoloigized for discontinuing communication with me and explained why he had done it. We then continued to talk about interests and found we had a lot in common. We ended up closing down the restaurant and he walked me to my car and opened the door. I was so afraid he was going to try to kiss me that I got in the car. He then leaned down and asked me if I wanted to go somewhere and keep talking and I told him I think we both should just go home.

Not even 9 hours later he called and asked me out again.....thus begins the rest of the changes in my life.

March 4, 2007 - Engaged
July 14, 2007 - Married
February 2008 - find out we are pregnant
October 15, 2008 - Lynette stops working in preparation for Turner
October 28, 2008 - We become parents of Turner
December 31, 2008 - Lynette finds out that MNGi does not want her PT so she will be quitting Jan 20, 2009

All of this to share that there isn't anything that looks like what my life was on like December 14, 2006 and now I am trying to figure out how to do my new job of homemaker.

Please Lord help me be dilligent and wise in taking care of our home so that I can glorify you in everything that I do to serve my family. Help us be wise in our finances to pay our bills and allow me to provide extra income as the need arises. Thank you for your faithfulness and care for us. Help me to continue to see that you love me more than I love Turner and that you will provide for me far better than we could provide for our family.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! What a great story, and what a happy beginning to a new story. I'm so happy for you guys. Big hugs!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story! Happy new year! It's daunting to stay home full-time, but God will do some amazing things with it.

    ReplyDelete